Come Work With Us
Paperless Pipeline is the small, profitable, and growing company behind the most friendly real estate transaction software on the market.
We are looking for someone to join our team on a full-time, contract basis to lead front-end design and user experience. Our team currently lives in Austin, Chicago, and New York. You can live and work anywhere.
How We Work
- We create fewer, better features than our competition.
- We take pride in our work.
- We use scope and priorities instead of deadlines.
- We work with direction and purpose but not urgency.
- We communicate asynchronously and respect the maker's schedule.
- We communicate with ourselves, our customers, and the world like real people and not robots.
Who We Need
You're a whiz when it comes to HTML and CSS. You can build anything with HTML. You know what CSS attributes work on each browser. The gradient you added to that submit button has 6 or 7 lines of CSS to account for all sorts of vendor prefixes. HTML5 and CSS3 are great, so you use 'em.
You code clean. You follow best practices. You comment key areas of your code. You meticulously test for cross-browser compatibility. We look for full usability across the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7
- Internet Explorer 8
- Internet Explorer 9
- Chrome 5+ (though, we really only build for the latest production versions and Canary builds)
- Firefox 3.6+
- Safari 4+
- iOS 5+ (we don't design specifically for mobile, but probably will in the future. Regardless, everything should work and be accessible from smartphones and tablets.)
You have a talent (and obsession) with writing highly responsive, speedy code. You take pride in what you've written, but can set your pride aside when it’s time to debug.
You have a pixel-perfect eye for design, or at least you think you do :). When looking for the color gray, you nudge left and right on your RGB scale until you find the perfect shade. You understand and can implement fluid, grid, and responsive designs. You're not afraid of retina screens, because it doesn't really change the way you design things anyway. SVG is your friend.
How You Work
We don't care what software you use, so long as it helps you be the best at your job. Here are a few tools we use:
We work from anywhere and believe in your ability to manage your own schedule. This is a full-time, ongoing contract position that pays competitive rates. If you need to upgrade your gear, we'll pay for it. If you're interested in a coworking space outside the home, we'll pay for that too. If you're in Austin, Chicago, or New York, maybe we can work together sometimes!
How To Apply
Links to your live projects, GitHub, Dribbble, Stack Overflow, or other online sources are essential. Resumes are also encouraged, but not heavily weighted. LinkedIn profiles are ignored. We highly value your communication skills, so a well-written email will go a long way.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org and note where you found this position in the subject line.